I am pleased to announce the launch of Mississauga’s Black Community Engagement Sessions, as part of Resolution 207
passed in June 2020 at Council.
Starting on Thursday, May 6, we will conduct a series of six consultation sessions with members of Mississauga’s Black community, to generate greater insights into their lived experiences, challenges, and opportunities to create a more inclusive and accessible City and Region.
We will have a total of 6 sessions, concluding on June 29.
The Sessions are:
- Accessing Political Power in Canada: Thursday, May 6, 6 to 8:30 pm
- How can Black Communities best use local resources for positive impact and change: Thursday, May 20, 6 to 8:30 pm
- Policing: Thursday, May 27, 6 to 8:30 pm
- Personal Well Being Within the Black Communities: Tuesday, June 8, 6 to 8:30 pm
- Accessing An Age Friendly Society: Thursday, June 17, 6 to 8:30 pm
- Economic Empowerment: Tuesday, June 29, 6 to 8:30 pm
Registration for each session can be done directly through the website.
I encourage all residents, communities, and allies to register and participate!